to Setup the Australia Post Calculator?
I get numerous emails
asking for help on this subject so I'm hoping that this
new tutorial will help everyone out.
Firstly, this tutorial is for Australian wahmshoppes.com
hosted Featurecart store owners only.
1. Login to Featurecart (eg; www.yoursite.com/store/setup.asp)
2. Click on the link in the left hand menu for 'Shipping'
3. On the page that comes up, click the tab/check box
next to 'Use Real Time Rate Calculators' click the button
to 'save changes'.
4. When the page reloads, click on the link to in the
'Use Real Time Rate Calculators' to 'Click to Setup'.
5. Click on the link in the Australia Post section to
sign up to use the calculator. Follow the steps on the
edeliver.com.au website. Make sure you agree to their
6. Back on the Rate Calculators page in Featurecart,
In the table fields at the top of the page fill in the
'Shipping From' fields. For country, simply select 'No
7. Make sure in the Australia Post field you check the
box next to 'Use Australia Post'.
8. 'Submit' your changes.
9. You will receive an email from edeliver.com.au but
YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING WITH THE INFORMATION IN
THE EMAIL. Tony at wahmshoppes has already done all
of this for his Australian Customers and by selecting
to use the Aus Post calculator on in the store, it will
automatically be set up for customers to choose from.
10. For each product within your store, you will need
to add the shipping weight. You do this in the edit
product section (where you add your products, title,
11. You don't need to enter anything in the field for
'Units of Measure'. Once you have opted to use the Aus
Post Calculator, the unit of measure is set to grams.
12. In the 'Shipping Unit's field put in the weight
of your item in grams. eg. 1kg would be '1000' 3kg would
be '3000' Half a kg would be '500'. You don't need to
put in the gms or grams text next to the weight.
If you have any further questions on use the Australia
Post Calculator, please post them on the forum HERE
If you receive the following error message from your
store via email after setting up the postage calculator:-
Your store has detected an Error in shipper: AUSPOST:
date 9:19:52 PM
Shipper Error Report : err_msg=Invalid Pickup Postcode
length must not be greater than 4 digits
You have not completed the form in the Shipping>Real
Time Rate Calculators'>Click to setup>'Shipping
Form' section correctly.